Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Gardening & Planting Trees and other Garden topics.
For many yards, a full size tree is simply too large and overwhelming. Luckily, there are many wonderful small trees for small yards. Some wonderful small trees include the Japanese maple, the dogwood, mugho pine, mimosa, flowering cherry and American hornbeam. To plant small trees, you should:
1. Choose a location with partial shade to full sun.
2. Be sure that the soil is not waterlogged.
3. Plant the tree so that the base of the tree is slightly above ground level unless the soil is well drained.
4. Water the tree after planting to remove any air pockets in the soil.
5. Mulch around the base of the tree to control weeds and conserve moisture.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|